NEED HELP NOW? Call our hotline
If this is an emergency, please call 911
Working to end domestic violence in our community
Shelter for Help in Emergency provides comprehensive services to women and children who are victims of domestic violence.
Shelter services include:
- 24-hour crisis hotline
- 24-hour emergency shelter
- Supportive individual and group counseling
- Case management
- Child and adolescent advocacy
- Information and referrals
- Court accompaniment & legal advocacy
- Outreach and support to the Spanish-speaking community
- Community education & allied professional training
Each year, we respond to nearly 1,000 hotline calls, provide close to 4,000 nights of safe shelter to more than 200 women and children and assist many other victims of domestic violence through our outreach services. Thousands of members of the community receive information about domestic violence and how to help.