NEED HELP NOW? Call our hotline
If this is an emergency, please call 911
Working to end domestic violence in our community
1 in 4 women and 1 in 9 men will be physically, emotionally, and/or mentally abused by an intimate partner in their lifetime.
Shelter for Help in Emergency provides comprehensive services to victims of domestic violence.
Shelter services include:
- 24-hour crisis hotline
- 24-hour emergency shelter
- Resource assistance
- Supportive individual and group counseling
- Information and referral services
- Legal advocacy
- Court accompaniment
- Programs for children and teens
- Spanish-speaking services
- Address Confidentiality Program
- Prevention and education programs
- Pet-safe program
- Transitional housing
- Volunteer opportunities
- Community education & allied professional training
Each year, we respond to nearly 1,200 hotline calls, provide close to 5,000 nights of safe shelter to more than 400 adults and children and assist many other victims of domestic violence through our outreach services. Thousands of members of the community receive information about domestic violence and how to help.
No one deserves to be abused. You are not alone. Our services are free and confidential. We are here to help.