Shelter Wish List
Shelter staff work hard to utilize our resources carefully and efficiently. Donations of items from the list below will help us stretch our budget further and meet the many and varied needs of our clients.
The Shelter’s Emergency Residential Facility operates as a home for our clients during their stay. We find the items we most often need are those that help maintain the general upkeep of a functioning household. This list reflects the items that are most often needed. If you have specific items you think may be useful that are not listed below, please call our Community Outreach Center at (434) 963-4676.
Shelter Supplies Needed:
- Toilet Paper
- Paper Towels
- Laundry Detergent Pods (HE only)
- Dish Detergent
- 13 Gallon Garbage Bags
- Bath Towels
- Kitchen Towels
- Grocery Gift Cards
- Pharmacy Gift Cards
- CAT Bus Tickets (available at C’ville City Hall)
- Toiletries: Shampoo & Conditioner, Deodorant – Full Size, Unopened Bottles Only
- Old and/or Broken Cell Phones
School Supplies Needed:
- Backpacks – all ages, no wheels, prefer solid/neutral colors
- Lunch Box/Bag – all ages, prefer solid/neutral colors
- Pocket Folders
- Crayons – 24 pack
- Colored Pencils – 12 or 24 pack
- Washable Markers
- Dry Erase Markers
- Glue Sticks
- USB Sticks
- Gift Cards for Back to School clothes and shoes.
We are unable to accept donations of clothing, purses, toys and books due to and over-abundance and lack of storage space.